Monday, April 16, 2012

Fitness 101

Being fit doesn't always sound like an easy thing, but if you make time for what's important, you can accomplish a lot.  What you eat is a biggie.  I'm going to share a few tips that have helped me stay fit.

-Cutting calories-nothing drastic though-and allowing myself a day to eat what I want (within reason).
-Eating lean meat, vegetables, and fruit everyday.
-Keeping up with the calories I eat.  I use an app called Lose It! It has really helped me keep track of my calories and exercises.  I simply type in or scan in what I eat and how much I eat, and it keeps up with my calories for the day.
-Exercising.  This is a big one.  I use to hate working out, and now I don't feel right if I don't workout.

I take a one hour kickboxing class on Monday morning.  I also do about 30 minutes of ab exercises as well.
I do arms on Tuesdays.
I do cardio for an hour on Wednesdays.  I usually do the elliptical machine.  I also do 30 minutes of abs.
On Thursday I do light cardio.
Friday is my biggest day.  I have a power class that lasts an hour.  This works out almost every muscle group-it is intense, but so worth it!  Then right after that class, I have a core class that is 30 minutes long.
Sometimes I workout on Saturdays and I just do light cardio.
I always take Sunday as my day off from working out and my cheat day.  (I usually eat pizza or Mexican food after church)

I am usually in the gym about 2 or 2 1/2 hours a day.  Taking that time to exercise really helps me get my day going.  I have definitely seen improvements in my strength and my skill levels since I have started working out.

Eating right and exercising (even if you only have time to workout for a little bit every few days) can still make a big difference in your life.

Happy eating and exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment