Friday, April 27, 2012

Helping Others

I have been extremely blessed my entire life, although I have been through many personal struggles because of decisions I have made (mostly in high school and my first time in college).  But I have learned from those situations and grown from them and the lessons have made me into the person I am today.  And for that I am very thankful, because if one thing had been different, I probably wouldn't be where I am today.

Helping other people has been very much on my heart the past few months.  I have been looking for ways to help and minister to others that are going through similar situations that I went through.  I mentor high school girls-and they are such a blessing to me, and I hope they benefit from having me as a (younger) woman to talk to.

I want to get involved in a women's and children's shelter as well.  Everyone needs to be loved on shown they are loved and I want to be able to do that.  I know what it feels like to be going through a hard time, and it's nice to know that you can have someone that cares to talk to and listen.  I also plan on serving dinner at the homeless shelter once or twice a month as well.

Times are tough and people are seriously struggling.  I truly believe that every little bit helps and getting involved in any way possible and helping others can make such a big difference in the lives of others.  For me personally when I help others I end up being so blessed and touched myself.  I hope that I can touch the people I'm helping as much as they have touched me.


Happy Helping!


No comments:

Post a Comment